If you had a 23 yr old son who has been confined to a wheelchair all his life

And he is begging you to take him to a whore house so he could taste some sugar walls...would you ??

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• He is a (like my DH would say) he is a grown ass man. Wheel chair or not. I am not finding that for him.

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I totally would.

My hubby's 22 year old just called and told his dad that he finally "lost it".
    He was in a very bad car accident, coma, had to learn to walk again, etc when he was a senior in high school so he missed out on a lot of that stuff...
    Had he ended up in a wheelchair I'm sure one of his buddies or even his dad would have taken him.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• No.
    I would still want my son to have a respectful lady in his life.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• We've been wanting to go to the Bunny Ranch for a while, so yeah, we'd (hubby and I) take him. Make it a family day out kind of thing.

Oh and my son was stuck in a wheelchair and we had planned a trip to the local titty bar for a drink and lap dances all around for his 21st birthday.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Just because he is in a wheel chair does not mean he is confined, get out and live life before it's over. Plenty of people with disabilities live life to the fullest look it up on you-tube. But to answer your question no you don't take him to the whore house, but his friends can and if he doesn't have friends then your the one confining him not the chair!!!
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I would rather my son in a wheelchair find a girl he can hav a real relationship with. As a mom, I don't think I would feel comfortable taking him to a whore house--there are just some things Mom shouldn't be a part of. That being said, I wouldn't object if Dad or some of his buddies took him there, or to a strip club or whatever. There are things in life that one should experience, and tasting some sugar walls, as you put it, is one of them. If that's the only way it can happen, then so be it, but I'd still hope for an ongoing, loving relationship for my son.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• First off, if I could not say what I was taking him there for, or if those were his words and he could not say it straight out, I would deffinitely not.
    I do not know what kind ot disability has put him in a wheelchair. Is he able to take care of himself? Can he carry on a decent conversation? Does he have friends? Can he hold a job? Many people in wheelchairs lead a realtively "normal" life with the eception that their legs will not take them where there want to go. There are other ways, taxis or carservices (here it is call a ride) or friends. He should go with friends to where other people meet and talk and drink and get to know each other. He is worth more than a slam , bam, thankyou ma'am
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Nope
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• No.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• No. I would prefer to have taught him that being confined to a wheelchair does not prohibit him having a loving, fulfilling relationship with a woman. If he still wanted to go to a whorehouse anyway, then he'd need to take himself or have friends take him. I'm his mother, not a pimp or madam.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2013