If you had a 23 yr old son who has been confined to a wheelchair all his life

And he is begging you to take him to a whore house so he could taste some sugar walls...would you ??

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 9:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in General Parenting

• i would buy him sugar and throw it on the wall, IDK exactly what you mean? I most likely think he could figure it out without my involvement.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Taste the sugar walls, that's one I haven't heard before. I'm not a fan of paying for physical contact, regardless of a person's abilities. There's no reason a guy in a wheel chair can't date.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• http://www.dating4disabled.com/ has he tried online dating?

Anonymous

• No. I would prefer to have taught him that being confined to a wheelchair does not prohibit him having a loving, fulfilling relationship with a woman. If he still wanted to go to a whorehouse anyway, then he'd need to take himself or have friends take him. I'm his mother, not a pimp or madam.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Yup.. Off to the bunny ranch!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I totally would.

My hubby's 22 year old just called and told his dad that he finally "lost it".
    He was in a very bad car accident, coma, had to learn to walk again, etc when he was a senior in high school so he missed out on a lot of that stuff...
    Had he ended up in a wheelchair I'm sure one of his buddies or even his dad would have taken him.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• No.
    I would still want my son to have a respectful lady in his life.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• First off, if I could not say what I was taking him there for, or if those were his words and he could not say it straight out, I would deffinitely not.
    I do not know what kind ot disability has put him in a wheelchair. Is he able to take care of himself? Can he carry on a decent conversation? Does he have friends? Can he hold a job? Many people in wheelchairs lead a realtively "normal" life with the eception that their legs will not take them where there want to go. There are other ways, taxis or carservices (here it is call a ride) or friends. He should go with friends to where other people meet and talk and drink and get to know each other. He is worth more than a slam , bam, thankyou ma'am
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• doesnt he have any friends that could hook him up?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• ummm no because you don't know what diseases they'd give to him. Plus, I just think it's really strange that a mom would help a son get laid, borderline oedipal complex...Maybe a father figure should handle this.....

How about focusing on finding him a real girlfriend?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 9:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2013