Will this be considered an act of domestic terrorism or?

Will that remain to be seen? We do not know yet??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 10:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I was just talking to a friend tonight and said this feels so much like those two that randomly shot people for weeks in DC several years ago.

It just doesn't seem like the stock "terrorism" definition, although people certainly were terrorized. It seems more like a serial killing thing to me...if that makes any sense at all.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I don't think the label they put on it makes a bit of difference... it was terrorism... plain and simple ;o(
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• The only reason it matters, as far as I can tell, is legally. If they brand it terrorism (domestic or foreign) I think (although I could be way wrong) they can prosecute him differently
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• I think it will end up terrorism because of the ties they have. Kwim? Maybe domestic terrorism with links to al Qaeda hmm.. We shall see.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• thats one of the good things about the one caught alive. depending on the reasoning and the connections will decide how the history of the event will be written
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• It was terrorism ... doesn't matter if it was domestic or not.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• It depends on their motives and who they're connected with. Just being Chechnyan is not a motive. The suspects didn't send any kind of message, whereas with 9/11 they made it clear it was connected to Taliban. Let's just wait and see.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Mrs_Prissy...As soon as that bomb went off, it went to federal jurisdiction.
    According the the FBI , "Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives."
    So there is the good possibility he will be charged with domestic terrorism. According to NBC, the younger brother converted to Islam, and went to Pakistan once or twice, with the visit to his hometown thrown in there for good measure. And if that asshole manages to survive, the NDAA went into effect, and he will not have any rights guaranteed to him as an American citizen. Such as the right to an attorney.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Yes, I just Googled it. The feds can take over prosecution of the case and the death penalty could apply
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• That's if he survives the injuries he sustained.

So many questions.....I guess time will tell
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2013