Cookware recommendation

After 3.5 years my Farberware set is needing replaced in a bad way, but I'm not sure if I want to buy another nonstick set, or switch to stainless steel. What do you have and would you recommend it?

Ginger0104

Asked by Ginger0104 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2013 in Shopping

• Do you need a whole set, most of the time the pots are usually in good shape, I love my Emerilware, but Rachel Ray has a really good line at Kohl's after 7 years it is time to replace my Emeril skillet, and I think I am going to try hers.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I love my stainless steel cookware and would never use anything else. If something sticks to it, some hot water and a little elbow grease will get it off every time. Teflon and some of those non-stick coatings can chip, and getting them too hot puts off harmful fumes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• While I like stainless steel and have a whole set, I recently bought some ceramic pans and absolutely LOVE them. They cook much better then my stainless ones as they conduct heat better AND don't stick.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2013

• Revere Ware cookware! I've had mine for 20 years & my Mom has been using hers for 50 years!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• We got a nice set of stainless steel and I will never have anything else *other than a non-stick for eggs and pancakes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Anodized pans are also nice with a built in nonstick function BUT if you buy them, buy only the ones with a completely flat surface. The ones with little dimple textures on them are hard to clean and bit heavier for those who need light pans. If I had the money, I would get the ceramic oven to table of casserole dishes and pots, like Pfaltzgraff used to sell and Sanko does. Less dishes to clean.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94075293/7-piece-sanko-show-pans-oven-to-table

http://www.ceramcor.com/

http://cookware.mercola.com/ceramic-cookware.aspx

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I also have Revere stainless steel. I've had the same set for 20 years now, use it all the time and its still in great shape! It does take more scrubbing than nonstick but I prefer it.

Answer by missanc at 9:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I have Calphalon One and a few pieces of Emerilware.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Invest in the best cookware you can afford - it lasts better in the long run.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Ceramic!! We are slowly replacing all of our pots and pans with ceramic and we both love it!! Cooks so evenly, never sticks, clean up is a breeze!! I adore it.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2013