Hmmm, it looks like the FBI interviewed the dead Boston bomber a few years ago...

...The FBI admitted Friday they interviewed the now-deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev two years ago and failed to find any incriminating information about him. As first reported by CBS News correspondent Bob Orr, the FBI interviewed Tsarnaev, the elder brother of at-large bombing suspect Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, at the request of a foreign government to see if he had any extremist ties, but failed to find any linkage.

Both Tsarnaev brothers were legal permanent residents of the U.S. There is no evidence so far that either brother received any tactical training.

CBS News correspondent John Miller reports it is likely Russia asked to have the elder Tsarnaev vetted because of suspected ties to Chechen extremists.

The FBI is likely to have run a background check, running his name through all the relevant databases, including those of other agencies, checking on his communications and all of his overseas travel. Miller reports that culminated in a sit-down interview where they probably asked him a lot of questions about his life, his contacts, his surroundings. All of this was then written in a report and sent it to the requesting government.

This is an issue they've had in the past. They interviewed Carlos Bledsoe in Little Rock, Ark., before he shot up an Army recruiting station in 2009. They were also looking into Major Hasan Nadal before the Fort Hood shootings.

However, the FBI has maintained in those incidents that they took all the steps they were asked to and were allowed to under the law.

Although the FBI initially denied contacting Tsarnaev, the brothers' mother said they had in an interview with Russia Today.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57580534/fbi-interviewed-dead-boston-bombing-suspect-years-ago/

FBI is looking like incompetent idiots in my humble opinion. 3 times they interview 3 people, and all 3 people shot or bombed other people. My question is why did they deny interviewing this guy to begin with? That makes them look even more like idiots.   

Then this goes back to the rant I had about a police shooting a suspect who shot at them first, and the mom claiming he was innocent, he wasn't a robber or a murderer. Now we have a dad claiming his sons are "true angels" , and that they ''sat up".  

We are all moms here, do we all think our kids can do no wrong?? When faced with physical evidence that says without a shadow of a doubt their kid is guilty of whatever??  Why do people continue to deny what's in front of them??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Denial is an incredibly powerful force.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• They are looking pretty incompetent. I agree.

As for the family, I think reality is perception. In their reality the brothers were good kids. They cannot conceive of them being murderous bastards. I can say, if someone were to tell me that my DS did something like this I would probably feel the same way as that family. I am under no impression that he is perfect, but I can't imagine him doing something this heinous. The thought would never enter my mind.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2013