TERRIBLE groin pain...

I'm 37 weeks & 3 days--

I mostly only get it when I'm walking, but on the rare occasion while I'm sitting down too. Sometimes It's so bad, It makes me pretty much fall to the ground, and almost cry! Is this normal for women to go through? Is this a sign labor could be close? What is it?

Thanks ladies !!!

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 11:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had that (as a matter of fact I talked about this in an earlier answer). I got vaginal vericose veins when I was pregnant (I know, TMI!) and it would shoot horrible pain into my "lips." As I stated earlier, it was pretty embarassing when the pain would make me double over and grab my crotch! Good news, it stopped bothering me after I delivered (well, until the next pregnancy, that is).
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Okay, mine's not like that... It just feels like I pulled a muscle in my groin. And the only place the pain shoots is to the side of my butt/leg at the top.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That sounds like your sciatic nerve. Yes, that can be very painful too, but also improves after delivery. You poor thing! I feel for you!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thanks, it hurts like hell! Lol, and all I want to do is start walking to bring that baby out!! haha
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 11:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009