Anyone have an inexpensive wedding ideas?

Food? Cake? Flowers? you name it.. My parents dont have alot to spend and we dont have much to put into it either, but I would like to make it the nicest I can..

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 11:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a "budget" wedding myself and you can have a beautiful, classy wedding that really doesn't have to cost a lot of money. Start networking (like you are doing now), mention to everyone you know about looking for ideas. You never know what neighbor or friend has a family member that is a DJ or cake decorator that could help you out for cheap but they are still really good. Silk flowers are gorgeous. Just go to your local crafts store to make your centerpieces. Btw, some of the snapshots my family took with their cameras came out way better than what my "cheap" photographer did for me, so I duplicated those instead. One word of advice, just because you on on a budget, don't be tacky. Paper plates are out! There are really nice plastic ones. Just keep looking. Good luck and congratulations!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Depending on the time of year and the resources you have available to you...my mum made my cake. She was lucky enough to borrow the cake pans and the tower thing from someone. But I think they sell them at Walmart, Michael's, places with crafts. I used the day lillies from my mum's gardens (fortunate she is a gardener) We used the neighbors refrigerators to store the boquets. But making your own bouquets, or the girls holding a single flower with ribbon is inexpensive. My family also helped with the food. Scalloped potatoes, green beans, and chicken is the cheapest meat. Good luck!!!
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my wedding was under $2000. we got married in a wedding chapel & they had great deals on photography, cake, flowers, & we didnt have to rent tables, chairs, or linens or buy decorations. i got my dress for $150 at the David's Bridal $99 sale (im plus size so mine cost more). i got a great deal on tux rentals b/c i went to a wedding show (lots of great deals there!). the chapel owner ran the whole reception so I didnt need a DJ, i just made a couple of CDs w/ our music on it.

also, you can forgo a big dinner if you have your wedding in the afternoon instead of midday or night (we only had cake & nuts). also, go to orientaltradingco.com b/c you can buy plates & favors in bulk & its saves a TON of money!

good luck & congrats!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2009