Relationship jumping

What is your opinion on people who jump from one relationship to the next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Relationships

• It is not something I would do but for some people they seem to always need someone in their life, even if its for a short moment.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I think they are desperate and afraid to be alone. I think it's a deeper psychological problem. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Not that some women are not guilty of this but, in my experience more men do this than women. Women tend to mourn break-ups. But, men tend to try to distract themselves instead of dealing with the break-up. They'll go out the next night & hook up with some random girl, while their ex is at home crying, watching a sad movie & eating ice cream.

Experts claim that because men don't deal with their feelings immediately that they suffer more later. I kind of call bullshit on that. Yes, I'll admit I'm totally jaded but, I think in general, men are just less emotional and, do not get as attached as women do.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I did that in my youth. But after my First DH I stoped, gave myself a break. That is when I met my now DH. Been together 24 years now.
    Some people either do not want to live alone or they are just young and doing thing without thinking.

Answer by louise2 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• That they're insecure and need someone to be in their lives at ALL times.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I think they're looking for someone else to make them happy while being incapable of realizing or being able to make themselves happy first.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Not something I would do, but not my business. I think some people are addicted to the rush of falling in love, but not willing to work at staying in love.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Experts claim that because men don't deal with their feelings immediately that they suffer more later. I kind of call bullshit on that. Yes, I'll admit I'm totally jaded but, I think in general, men are just less emotional and, do not get as attached as women do. Answer by 3libras

^^  I agree.  While there are exceptions to every rule, I think in general this is the case.  Most women need to have an emotional connection with a man, but men seem to be able to disconnect their emotions easier and base a relationship on the physical aspects.  There are the female exceptions to this rule too.  I've known a few female bed / relationship jumpers.  They always seem to be seeking themselves in other people instead of reflecting on who they are as an individual.  

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I think people who jump from relationship to relationship end up hurting others and themselves.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I don't agree. Relationship jumping is just someone in search of who is right for them. It's like test driving a car. You keep testing until you find the right one for you. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2013