My son with Autism tears up and destroys the house. Does anyone have any suggestions? Cleaning ideas? Schedules? Activities? Stress reliever?

Asked by CSJMommy3 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Is he out of control? Does he like to do certain activities as in drawing, painting, etc.? How old is he?

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• He is 5. He does like anything with his hands, but won't sit long enough to do them.

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Could you take him to the park and let him run off his extra energy? Is he high-functioning enough to help clean up the messes he makes?

Answer by Ballad at 12:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I would love to take him to the park myself, but I have two other children (7 and 4). I would need another person to help. He is low, but he is getting better with picking up what he throws. The problem is he throws it again or something else.

Comment by CSJMommy3 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• So young and no impulse control. It will get better with age. Try to redirect activities as best you can (when the throwing starts).

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2013