Birthcontrol ....?

。Someone told me as long as you take your pill around the same time its my question is...if i take it at 8 one night and 11 or 12 another night every day am i safe?....and having unprotected sex with hubby...Or do I have to pick an exact time like every night right at 8? I've never taking birth control and I just started and I just had a baby 5 months ago so I'm not sure how exactly how it works

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Pregnancy

• The concept of taking it at the same time every day is more to help you remember to actually take it. Its efficacy isn't affected by a few hours difference, one way or the other.

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Exactly^^^

I used to take mine whenever I woke up in the AM, whether that was 6 am or 10 am or noon. I never had an issue.

Answer by 3libras at 1:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Ok thanks...

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Set an alarm on your phone. Take it the same time everyday.
    It doesn't have to be in relation to the time that you'd have sex. It work by building up the amount of hormones in your system. If you miss a pill, the build up stops, and that's where you run into trouble!

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• If you're on the combination pill, you have a 12 hour window in which to take it. If you are on the minipill, you only have a a 3 hour window. This per a poster from the ministry of health that is on the wall in my gyn's waiting room.

Answer by winterglow at 4:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2013