how do i get my 1 1/2 year old son to eat food?

bnmommy

Asked by bnmommy at 11:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep interducing them to new foods it takes many times before they really know if they like it. it can take them 20 times of tasting it before they like it.
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Oh god! I had the worst worst case of feeding. My baby wouldn't eat anything! And I mean anything, So I would try and try , eventually i found out she liked sandwiches. So i'd make her a sandwich and pick off little pieces for her. An d she loved it! Then slowly started introducing new things to her, Don't force them it only makes things worse. (oh and try feeding yor baby in front of his favorite show or something) it helps!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it may sound wierd but the only way we could get my daughter to try her food was to tell her " you better not eat that" in a playfull voice and then when she did, act suprised and be like i told you not to eat that silly billy, or something along those lines, it makes it a game and after a few bites she would realize she was hungry and eat the rest, (or sometimes not, but at least she ate a few bites :) and now she loves to dip her bites in anything, so we give her a little bowl of "dippen" as she calls it, whether its cheese, ranch, ketchup ect. (or even healthier she loves apples and grapes with yogurt) it makes eating alittle more fun. also try cutting stuff into shapes...... she was a picky eater lol.. we tried everything. hope any of this helps good luck
    mrs.cooley

Answer by mrs.cooley at 3:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009