What age do you think teens should date? Does it differ with females to males, and is a movie different then a mall date?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Our policy was that dating is for the purpose of selecting a marriage partner; therefore, when you are ready for marriage or to consider marriage, you are ready to date. Our children did have friends of both sexes, and they were free to invite them to our house where they were expected to obey our rules. This worked well in that we found those who had not-so-good intentions did not hang around very long at all. They would first try to entice our children to go places with them, etc., and when that didn't work, they simply just disappeared. None of our children married exceptionally young--the youngest was 24, so I highly recommend you give this method a try.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• In my house it was at 15, with a lot of supervision, but the age depends on the maturity of the teen. Parents seem to be more lenient in a male teen....specially dads, tend to be more lenient... a mall date is around a lot of people, but a movie is a dark intimate place where you can pretty much fool around in....doesn't mean that all teens willl use this facility for that purpose....

Answer by older at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I'd rather see kids go on group dates for the first few years of high school, at least. A bunch of friends going to a movie is different than a boy and a girl going by themselves, maybe finding a secluded corner.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I honestly don't know. I am dreading the time when my kids start to get interested in girls. I hope they don't get involved with someone as early as I did, which was 15.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• One on one, I say 16, in groups 15.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• NO dating for either sex until they are 16. NO exceptions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I would think that group dates are ok for early teens as long as there is 1 parent in the close proximity--ie, hang out at mall, see a movie
    but for one on one dating--i think 16 is still a good age
    klee001

Answer by klee001 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2013