How to get the bottom of this clean?

Someone made lemonade in my wine carafe, it has a very long neck and flares out at the bottom, there is a powder residue in the bottom, I have tried letting is sit with soapy water, shaking it, I cant think of anything that will fit through the neck, to allow me to wipe the bottom of it.

We have company coming, and I really wanted to use this, any idea of how I can clean the bottom?

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 5:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Put salt and ice cubes in it and shake it around. It should work great.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• A bay bottle scrub brush?
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• How wide is the opening, and how far down is the bottom? Can you use a rubberband to affix something to the end of a spoon?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• *baby
    cassie_kellison

• Say hi to dull
    Anonymous

• If you don't have a bottle brush (sold at most stores), then you can make a temporary one with a long utensil, like a chopstick or the stick end of a wooden utensil. Take some paper towels or a small washcloth made damp and rubberband it around the stick. Swirl it around inside the carafe to clean. You can also pour some baking soda or salt in it to give extra abrasiveness. Use warm/hot water to rinse out. If a residue is still there, try it again with vinegar.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2013