Do you, or do you know anyone who does,...

make up stories for questions on CM?

If so why? Why do you or why do they do it?
Is it solely for attention or amusement? To see if others believe it?

I do not do make up stuff. But, just trying to understand those who do.

3libras

Asked by 3libras at 5:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Kimi is jersey anon. Go talk to her.
    Anonymous

• LMAO....

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I don't, and I don't understand why people do. What's the point? As for believing it, unless it's something completely outrageous, I usually tend to believe what people say online about themselves or their lives, mainly because I don't see why people would lie about that stuff. Years ago in one of the MSN groups I was on, there was a woman who had completely made up her whole personality. When she was outed by some of the other members, I was so creeped out. She never struck me as out of the norm
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I've seen several outed out here for making up outrageous stories as well as play on the heart strings of some kind women and collect money for whatever sad bullshit story they're telling.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I've been accused of making up stuff, but I don't. People can either believe me or not. I don't understand why anybody would make up stories, but I guess some people feel their lives aren't exciting enough, so they want to have cyber adventures or something. There's a funny country music song that came out a few years ago called "I'm So Much Cooler Online" or something like that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• eye rolling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Just anons...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Comments like that always make me realize how totally out of the loop I am. Aside from the old old members, I guess I don't *really* know who everybody *really* is.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Here's the funny part. There are some who make up questions for drama, and there are some who make up fake drama questions to make fun of the ones making up drama questions. And yet, they do that knowing that anyone who hasn't seen the original drama question will not know it's a joke. And yet, they point fingers at the original drama, but take absolutely no responsibility for the one they create "for fun".

Much the same as anon trolling...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Who's kimi?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2013