What's for dinner?

It's a mystery tonight; all I know is I don't have to fix it. Right on! Dad told the kids this morning that if they behaved today and cleaned up the living room, which brought the song "Crawling From the Wreckage" to mind because of all the toys strewn around, he'd be taking us all someplace fun tonight. My stepson even took out the trash and recycling and put new bags in the bins without me having to ask him.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Brown tomato, aka Kumato. It's the strangest looking thing. It's. Mix of deep brown, purple and deep green. They are very good.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• We're having BBQ'd chicken and salad. Something easy. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Depends on how soon my husband will be home. I might make my kids mac-n-cheese. I haven't made it for about six months, and my 7 year old has been asking for it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• We had Shrimp Alfredo w/ veggie bow tie pasta.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• My daughter's niece and nephew are here. I'm spoiling them and doing something I never do! Chicken nuggets, fries, Mac and cheese and peas and corn. Oh and they all tried a brown tomato.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Frozen pizza (red baron), mixed greens salad with other veggies thrown in, apples.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Oh we're being bad again. My husband just called and asked what we were doing. We decided to get takeout from the Greek place. We have got to stop eating out!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• At the urban farmers market there are brown tomatoes. They are a Heritage variety.Really here they are a very dark red brown. We went to our favorite home grown small pizza chain.They have bruschetta that is amazing.I had that .My husband and teens had a pizza and a side order of their meatballs and bread.The meatballs are good but the from scratch marinara sauce they are served in really floats my boat.With a side of broccoli.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Chicken Stir fry for us tonight.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Yum, 3libras! I want some. I used to order that at Applebee's; I was sorry when it disappeared from the menu.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2013