Thinking of..

okay so i do about 6 loads of laundry every weekend, most of it consist of clothes that the kids don't even wear.. but because once it hits the floor is "dirty" so i am thinking of telling them to pick out 5-6 outfits for school every sunday.. for the whole week and taking away the rest of the clothes... am i crazy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe not
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Do it! Purging clothes is great... I don't want to, but I have to do it real soon.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Do it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I did it once before, so much easier
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Can you just pick several things and shove them off to one side of the closet? Mine never put any thought into what they wear, so I have to cycle the clothes from one side to the other when I do laundry. I can tell they never reach more than two inches to either side when they grab for clothes, so if I put things back in the same place, they wear the same shirt every time it is clean and put away.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I use to go threw all the cloths on the floor of my kids room. I would look at all the cloths. If it didn't look dirty. It wasn't dirty. Well socks and underwear would go in automatically   Pant and shirts would get looked at.

Answer by louise2 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Seems like a good idea to me. Less work for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• My kids pick out their clothes for school the night before. Then they wear what they picked out, no problems.

Answer by missanc at 8:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I do this with my daughter as well. The trick is to not let them change their minds about what they want to wear, while still being flexible. IE---They choose something that's geared for warm weather, but it turns out to be cold.....That's when you have to make a judgment call
    Allicia C.

Answer by Allicia C. at 8:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I've thought about doing the same thing...
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2013