When is it time to just let your hair go gray?

I'm so tired of highlighting my hair and it's getting pricey. I don't have a ton of gray but thinking about just letting it go. Is that just crazy?

Here's the thing, I've seen women fight the "white stripe" when they do an all over color. In about a week, the have this white stripe in their part and well, I think it must be awful to keep up with not to mention it looks bad. Also, all this coloring cannot be good for one's hair!

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 7:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I will be in 10 years when I'm 50
    I have alot,so it'll be quite a surprise for everyone,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• NEVER!!! Never let the gray win.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I am with Mavi! No gray for me.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Lol m-avi! Okay, so you are coloring away!
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• 65? Maybe

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I don't know. I get so lazy with my hair color that every now and again I look in the mirror and think yikes! Then I color, and my hair is good and dark for a long time. I probably only get to it 2 or 3 times a year. It's not that I have THAT much gray, but my natural hair color is so dark that it sticks out. Then my hair gets so sun faded and starts looking so washed out that it makes it even worse.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• For me, it was when I was about 39 when mine started going gray. Now it's all the way gray, and I love it! Never ever had any color put on it. I've never understood what there was about gray hair that drives people to the dye. Maybe it's because my daddy had such pretty white hair and I so loved him and it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Never for me, anything but grey!

Answer by older at 7:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Nanny, for me it's because I started getting gray when I was really young. I want to look like myself, and I am terrified of seeing my mother in the mirror!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I'm 51, and only have a few grays here and there. My natural color is dishwater blonde, so I lighten it and the grays just kind of blend in.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2013