This is TMI!! Updated...! adult content

so i get my period about every 6 months.. if that.. sometimes its longer.. so i got my last one in january.. so i'm not due for it technically.. so today i was standing in the kitchen and i felt something come down.... and i went to the bathroom and it was a clot.. so then i wiped... and it was like some turned on the faucet of blood it was pretty nasty.. now i am wondering is this normal after so many months of not having one? or is this something i need to get checked out like asap? Hello ladies thank you all for the advice and telling me to go the Er.. after being their for about 5 hours.. they came back... with dehydration, uti and a miscarriage.. ! thank you all..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Health

• Are pre-menopausal?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I would say: CALL YOUR DOCTOR! It could be normal or something could have happened (Miscarriage) that needs to be dealt with ASAP
    Allicia C.

Answer by Allicia C. at 8:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• No it's not normal. Probably nothing but bring it up to your gynecologist.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• ummm.. i dont think so.. i just have really irregular periods have been like that for 6 years now... but i recently start working out and moving more.. and started loosing weight.. so i dont know if my body is reacting to that with a period?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• also i'm not in any kind of pain.. just its gushing... like its non stop..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• That happened to me when I miscarried. My cycles weren't normal either so pregnancy was the furthest from my mind.
    I hope not but you seriously need to be seen!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• i take that back the pain is here and its taking vengeance against my body...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Your weight weather to thin or to heavy can mess with your hormones/your period. But you are gushing blood you said? You might need to go to the doctor. Might need checked.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Define "gush"

If you're soaking through a pad quickly then you need to get in to see someone.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• i put a pad on when it first happened at 5 and at 515 i had to change it.. i have to wait till husband gets home..from work.. so i have to suck it up for 4 more hours
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2013