So it's 4/20- so what?!

I'm so proud of my 22 y/o son right now! He's fed up with FB & w/ some of his friends who are choosing to blaze up b/c it's 4/20. He wants no part of it. I was upstairs earlier when I overheard him trying to make plans for the evening, & I heard him turning someone down b/c they were going to be partaking- & he won't be around it! That's my boy! :)

So do you know people who are being stupid about today?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Good for him! :) this date hasn't meant anything to me since I was 16 lol, but I have seen some stupid posts on FB today.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I doubt half the people on FB are doing anything, in actuality.

I'm pretty 'meh' about pot. I don't care who uses....there are much worse things, imo
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I don't really care if people smoke or not... it's no different then going out and having a few drinks... same effect, but better on the liver. I know plenty of people that sit around drinking Corona b/c it's Cinco de Mayo too, who cares. Not my place to judge.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• My son leaves for basic training in 10 days and pot is the furthest thing from his mind. He's 22 as well and has never had interest in it.
    Good for your son mom! I know how proud you are!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• It's nationwide. It's been around for forever.

Also, the police code thing is an urban myth.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• No. We're boring people and we rarely go out. I don't know if the people we know smoke. Neither of us have even tried pot. My husband worked and I spent most of today on the internet because I was bored.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Not today in particular. The people I know that would be getting stupid today are likely to be getting stupid everyday, so today wouldn't be special. Is this just a Colorado thing, or is this nation wide?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I think 4/20 is a holiday for those who consume and have every right to celebrate whichever way they see fit, got no problem with the weed, but a lot of problem with alcohol and prescribed drugs. Your son chooses not to do it, which is just as great!

Answer by older at 8:13 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• The only person I know who does drugs (or at least that I know of, otherwise they'd no longer be "known" by my family) is currently sitting in a jail cell, so not thinking she has done any celebrating...but bet she would be if she weren't locked up.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I'm confused as well. I saw my grandson's post on there about it but since I didn't know I wasn't going to ask him!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2013