Is it possible for my doc and ultra sounds to be off on my due date???

I'm asking because I was due on the 12th, and I have always thought..this entire pregnancy that there's no way I could have concieved on the 8th of may. I don't think I conceived till AT LEAST the 15th. I still haven't had my baby, and I feel like she won't be here for at LEAST another week, but I have a feeling it may be longer. Has this happened to anyone else?

mamakat21

Asked by mamakat21 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say that a mother knows her bady and you are probly right! Good Luck.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 11:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• ITS ALWAYS POSSIBLE FOR THE DOC TO BE OFF BY A WEEK OR TWO TRY HAVEING LOTS OF SEX THE SPERM SOFTENS THE CERVIX AND DRINK LOTS OF RASBERRY TEA IT WORKED FOR ME I WENT INTO LABOR 3 DAYS LATER
    Anonymous

• LMAO! I'm not trying to iduce my labor. She'll come when she's ready. But even if I wanted to have sex I couldn't. No man, lol. My baby daddy is a jerko and I'm not with him.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 11:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes drs and ultrasounds can be wrong about your due date. My original due date with my 2nd DD was August 27. Then it was moved to the 28th, 30th, 31st, and september 1st by my dr. According to the ultrasound I had on August 13 her due date was September 11. That was crap. I knew the date I conceived and knew my due date was August 27 and that's when she was born. And she was perfect birth weight and length.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes they can be off by 2 weeks in either direction.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Sure they can be wrong. I was a month earlier than told I would be. I moved states and the dr who delivered said chances are that original dr was incorrect. But they go according to your last menstral cycle. And if you don't have an early enough ultra sound it's hard to say.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had my 1st ultrasound at 16wks...is that early enough???
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• The doc give a due date as a guestimation! The date of conception can be off as much as a week both ways... so it is very possible that the doc is off.
    TheLaakSmith

Answer by TheLaakSmith at 8:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009