Would it be the reason adult content

My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant since January without any luck at all. I've been saying even before we agreed to start trying that I probably couldn't get pregnant. I'm worried that because I've been saying it so much that my subconscious won't let me because I have the belief that I can't. I really want to have a baby with my boyfriend, I love him and I get horribly upset every time I start my period. Which started yesterday. I thought things were looking very good before this new cycle but I guess I was wrong. Could my constantly saying this prevent me from conceiving? Please help.. My doctor says I'm ovulating or at least my progesterone was at 12.2 when she had tested a couple months ago. I see a lot of people pregnant every time I go out and I feel hurt and depressed because I've not been able to. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• First, no....just, no. That's not the reason.

Second, you've only been trying 4 months. That's nothing in the scheme of things. Doctors don't even consider it an issue unless you've been trying unsuccessfully for at least a year.

Why would you think you aren't able to conceive?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• ENJOY sex. It will happen when it happens.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• I had a miscarriage back in 2011 and was very messed up mentally and emotionally afterwards and after that I have had about 4 chemical pregnancies since. So I had convinced myself that I wasn't able to conceive at all. I had a pre-pregnancy screening, which everyone should have before they get pregnant and my doctor said everything looked great and that I shouldn't I any problem getting pregnant but for some reason I have been.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• i was told I was not able to conceive. it took 7 months for me to get pregnant with this baby. I got pregnant be fore xmas when my mind was not focusing on it. i know this is never what you want to hear whem you are ttc but dont think about it and it will happen. most pregnancy happen 6 months after the couple starts ttc
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• Have you read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler? Lots of good info.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2013

• And by the way... has your boyfriend been checked? May not be you at all.

• You've barely started trying. Give the process time to work. I started trying to have a baby in 1993, finally gave up in 2001 after being told I was out of luck and I better find something else to do with my life, and ended up conceiving my daughter in 2007. Doctors don't even worry about infertility till a couple has been trying for between six months and a year, depending on age. You'll be fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• He has 3 kids i have a daughter from my first marriage so we want one from the two of us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• You are over- thinking things, but that doesn't work as birth control. A miscarriage and chemical pregnancies do not mean you can't get pregnant. You have a daughter and had a miscarriage so you most definitely can get pregnant. That said it takes even healthy couples a year to a year and a half to conceive. Stop trying to have a baby and enjoy the practice. Stress can make it harder to get pregnant. Have sex starting in 7-9 days and go every other day or so for a week and a half. See if that helps, but remember to focus on the sex and not so much on the potential outcome.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Has he been checked??? Maybe it's him with the issue.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2013