He's a tummy sleeper!

My baby is 8 months old. I lay him on his back but rolls on his tummy and sleeps that way all night. Is this alright?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its fine if he can roll over to back to front to front to back he should be fine mine does it also
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• All 4 of mine slept on their stomachs. Once they start rolling, I think they find the most comfortable position and sleep there. You can't really do anything about it unless you go in constantly and put him back on his back.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes, that's fine. mine is 6 months old and sleeps on his tummy. at daycare he rolls over from his back to his belly in the crib and that is when he sleeps best. it's comfy for them. chances are, you were probably laid on your tummy from day one and you turned out just fine.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Both my kids have been sleeping on their bellies since they came home from the hospital. It is totally fine especially since he can roll over
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's been a long time since my baby was a baby. But, isn't that the way you are supposed to lay them because it's safer for them? I heard that they have less chance of choking on spit-up if they are on their bellies. I don't know, like I said it's been awhile!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Dd always sleeps on her stomach now. She used to always sleep on her side, but not she always rolls to her tummy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My LO was a tummy sleeper. At 8 months old, I would think it is ok, as long as you don't have blankets and other loose objects in the crib. If you're still nervous about it, there are baby monitors that detect movement and will alarm you if the baby stops breathing.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• at that age, yea.... he can move him self around just fine... my son was like that (and still is) at an even younger age.. he wouldnt fall asleep on his back for nothing... so i started puting him on his side.... he just rolled on his belly anyway....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my daughter ALWAYS slept on her tummy..i even used to always roll her back to her back..but no..didnt work..she was determined to sleep on her tummy..so i just let her be!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2009