Thank you notes after a kids party.....

Say you gave your child a party at a Party Place & the children did not see your child open the gifts. Gifts from the other kids are taken home after the Party & opened at home. Do you send thank you notes for the gifts? Like have your child write the thank you's as practice for writing even? I did that when I had my Son's Birthday Party but we've been to three more parties since & no thank you for the gift?? Do you think they should be sent? Maybe I am the weird one???

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I did thank you notes. My DD had turned 5 so she filled int he blanks.

'Dear __________,
    Thank you so much for the ________________.
    I _______________ it! Hope you had a _____________ time
    at my party. I am ____________ you came.
    Love,
    ________________

The words she filled the blanks in with were quite comical.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:33 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Yes, we write thank you notes. I don't let my kids play with the toys u til thank you notes are written, at Christmas and birthdays.

Answer by missanc at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I think thank you notes are in order, especially if the presents were opened after the party. The last party I went to with my 3yo was followed by a lovely note signed by the little birthday girl and a nice group pic.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:05 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• My daughter opened her gifts and thanked the givers in person when she turned five, but I would have helped her do thank-you notes if she hadn't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I always send them
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Yep- send them. And it's great to have the B-day child do most of the writing. It makes it more personal. I've had my children do them for years. It's nice to be appreciated for your thoughtfulness. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• We have "thank you for coming" cards in the gifts bags we give to the kids that came to the party. Although individually personalized cards thanking a certain person for a particular gift sound nice, I have never been to a party yet (my daughter's included) where the kids allow things to be done slow and organized enough to keep track of who gave what gift.

Now, if we took the gifts home without opening (although I do not agree with that being that the kids LOVE the unwrapping part), we would definitely do individually personalized Thank You cards.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• yes-for sure send cards...even mention that you're sorry they couldn't see you open it-
    .....and the child writing it for practice and what not is a great idea! me and my kids did it-we drew on them and put stickers-it was a fun project.........and even if you write it-they can at least sign their name!! : )
    expresso-time

Answer by expresso-time at 9:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2013