Any ideas on how much it would cost to repave a blacktop driveway?

Just an idea I have. I would just like to have it redone. Not just sealcoat it. Approx. 30x60 I'm guessing though. I have no idea what it would cost. Anyone with a DH/SO that does paving you could ask? Thanks!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We redo my grandfathers every year. He buys the blacktop and we put it on with old brooms. It takes a good part of a day, but only costs him the price of the blacktop. It's a pretty big driveway.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I do not think it costs that much,I have a really large circular driveway and I have been quoted $150. to do it all, much much larger than the size you stated, but this is in Miami, where people knock on your door to see if you want it done....

Answer by older at 2:56 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Given that you know the measurements some paving companies should be able to give a quote over the phone
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• You will hace to call someone who does that and ask them.

Answer by louise2 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I don't know exactly, but I know it will cost significantly less if you break up the blacktop and take it out yourself. I did that for a landlord one summer to get money off the rent. It's not that difficult if you have a good pick and shovel because the blacktop is easy to bust up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:54 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• It really depends on where you live and how big/difficult your driveway is. The only way to find out is to call local contractors and get quotes.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2013