To all moms who gets a brazilian wax, is it painful???

Im highly thinking about getting a brazillian wax soon :)

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Never have.. but how can it not be? Hot wax and hairs being torn out from your coochie has to be painful...
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Never had it done professionally, but do bikini area myself during the season. It hurts. I know people that do have it done and they usually serve you some wine before they do it. That should be some indicator as far as pain and anxiety goes. Take some tylenol or motrin about a half hour before going if you do.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• It really doesn't hurt that bad. The girls that I have had know what they're doing, they're quick and professional. I mean - the whole thing takes less than 15 mins if you have someone who knows what they're doing, I can stand anything for 15 mins! And not having to shave for weeks . . . oh yeah, definitely worth it. And the longer you do it, the less hair grows back which is definitely worth it.

Answer by missanc at 3:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I so want to do it but... I can't stand getting my eyebrows waxed let alone my pubic hair!! XD
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I did it once at home. I have no wish to ever do it again. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but taking pain like that for a less-than-necessary reason--no thanks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I think it does hurt and I'm doing the basic wax...not the get-on-your knees and feel awkward wax!
    Anonymous

• Just FYI - doing it at home hurts way way worse than at a salon! I tried to do just a bikini wax at home before and it was way more painful than a Brazilian at the salon.

Answer by missanc at 8:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Yes, but maybe not as bad as you would think. The grow out and ingrown hairs was worse than the wax in my opinion though.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• No one, other than the Mr., is getting near my lady bits.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• It's not comfortable, but not the worst pain ever. If you get it done by a professional who's good at what she does, she will rip faster than you can process any pain. (The faster the rip, the less it hurts.)

I would suggest waxing at home first, if you are comfortable with the idea. That way you can take things at your own pace. Try waxing over a period of days, concentrating on a different area each day. The hardest part is getting yourself to just RIP the strips off, but again, the faster you can rip, the better it will be. Waxing at home can be a good introduction so that getting everything done in one go by a professional isn't so traumatic.

Not having to shave makes it totally worth it. Over time, your hair will come in more sparsely.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 6:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2013