Any Catholics here? I need your opinion...

I came across the website: http://www.catholicbible101.com/ but something seems a little funny about it.  Its page on evolution doesn't match what I remember of the Catholic position on it, for example.

Is it genuine, or is it some kind of fraud or parody?

Clairwil

Asked by Clairwil at 3:52 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Genuine
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• What seems un-genuine to you?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Looks to me like a personal site dedicated to informing people about a certian person(s) idea of Catholicism. The donate to help evangalize button at the bottom of the home page is weird to me.

Regardless, it's not a site like Catholic Answers, of that much I am certain.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• That is certainly not anything taught when I was active in the Catholic church.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• "Remember, there are a lot of people walking around today who want there to be no moral absolutes, so that they can do whatever they want to (decadence). And they especially want the people who do believe in moral absolutes to shut up, because their consciences hate with a passion having to listen to them. Godless evolution is one way that these people use to further their hidden agenda."

Really?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Not a parody, but not what I recall of Catholic teaching either. This is a one-off.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:39 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• That is so not what we were taught in Catholic School.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• You can tap into the Vatican's website and and of the diocese and compare what you read. There have been many changes in the Church since the Baltimore Catechism was used

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• >  That is so not what we were taught in Catholic School.

Can anyone provide a link to someone official (eg a priest or bishop) having made a statement about that website?

Clairwil

Comment by Clairwil (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• The site says: "Thank you for taking the time to peruse this Catholic Website. It is meant to be informative and entertaining at the same time."

They're trying to add a little humor to explaining the Bible. Nothing wrong with that and I don't see anything that mocks it. They're just not very good at blending the humor in.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 10:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2013