when you are pregnant why do woman get a dark line on their belly's?

barbiejo2009

Asked by barbiejo2009 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm..idk..I read the other day that it's always there but becomes prominant when your preggers. I thought everyone got it too...but apparently not, cause I never did.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Some women dont I never did. But I never have heard why its there. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• The dark line you type of is called the linea negra, and is common is some women, though not all women get one. The linea negra is usually white on all women and is unnoticeable until it darkens occasionally in some women. The reason of course is hormones. The changing hormones in your ever changing body is what causes the color change. It won't stick around forever, although it will take longer to go away if you are exclusively breastfeeding.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Lillys mommy09 GOOD ANSWER!! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2009