Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello I need help. I live in houston,tx and the father of my kids live in atlanta,ga. What to do when the father of your children is avioding being serve with childsupport papers so we can go to court? I been doing fine for 2 1/2 years but I should not have to take care of them by myself. He choose to be dead beat. But he's back living with his family but they want tell me where he stay. They don't even call the kids. Any advice would help and thank you for listening

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • unfortunately they aint much you can do i have been there and its not write to have to do everythang by yourself but you all they have and i know its hard but its just how it is sometimes and you cant do anythang but push foward and be daddy as well as mommy i hope you end up finding his and geting what you and your kids deserve untill when and if that day comes keep your head up and dont let this tear you down you are a woman and you are strong so you can and will prosper from this situation.....good luck to you sweety and i hope i helped in some way

    Answer by sauna26 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • I had this problem simular,,, Depending on what state you are from,, if you know his ssn go to health and welfare and they can track him,,, if he is not working and living with parents they take money from parents,,, or whatever means he is living off they take a percent from him,,, I had a lot of problems going through this,, he ended up getting a job is now supporting my kids,,, i hope this will help a bit.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • I would say.. keep trying for child support.... i think if u file and have some info on him they can find him
    ...but what it sounds like there is not much you can do... if he doesnt want to step up and be a daddy then screw him!! yea i know it sucks and your right, you shouldnt have to take care of them on your own..... but i bet you would be better off without that stress in your life....

    it will be his loss not yours.... sometimes its better to have no dad then a deadbeat one...

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • I hired someone.. cost me 200$ but he was served... it can be done.. for real it can.. hire someone they can go to his work and stuff or mail him a letter that he won something or find out where he works i filed true DSHS for childsupport and they served him.. and i hired someone for the court papers.. thats what i would do

    Answer by miss_nevin at 2:29 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • I'm not trying to come off as a bitch but I'm sure I will. I highly doubt that he was the perfect man before children and when you had them all the sudden he was horrible. You picked him to make babies with, now there are consequences. His family doesn't have to help you find him.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

  • my child's father didn't show up for court and kept trying to run. Child Support Enforcement stepped in and since he didn't show up to court he's automatically the father and they take so much of his check and send it to me. some of his tax return should come to me too. all i had was his name and social. had no idea where he was or anything. they found him.

    Answer by mrsary at 4:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.