Oh my God! What should I do?

I was about to take my daughter to the hot tub in our condo complex. It's barely lukewarm, not much more than a glorified swimming pool, but it feels good on my back and shoulders, and she likes to play there while I sit in the water. She always wears a life vest, even though the pool is only four feet deep with a high step all around the edge that she can stand on. I never leave her unattended. But a neighbor lady who lives in the next building saw us walking and said it wasn't safe, since I can't see, and that if we went there she would call Social Services. I didn't know what to do; I came home and Dad is going to take her instead after dinner. But there's nothing dangerous about it, and I don't want to lose the activity with my daughter because of an idiot neighbor. I also don't want my daughter to think it's not safe to do things with me. On the other hand, I don't want CPS in my living room. What can I do?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 7:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• Really?! With all the screwed up crap going on in this world, she is taking up THIS as her cause for concern?! She needs to be smacked! Too bad you can't train your dog to bite the bitch in the butt! She sounds like a nosy busy body & I highly doubt that CPS would show up at your house. They have REAL acts of abuse & neglect to handle.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Tell the twat to go fuck herself.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Tell the twat to go fuck herself.

Not my words, but I second this, CPS will laugh at her if she calls, ignore her, you know you haven't done anything wrong, and CPS can't prove you have, relax you will be fine....and keep taking her...

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Tell the bossy butt to mind her own business.

I've learned from a few deaf friends that Deaf can do ANYTHING a hearing person can, except hear. I feel that applies to ANY disability, with some modifications.

You can't see, SO WHAT??!?! You've established certain rules and boundaries with your child to ensure her safety. She's about the same age as mine and I SWEAR they could be the same person. Don't let the ignorance of someone else ruin a good time.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:32 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• tell her to mind her own damn business. you know how to take care of your child, i'd take her anyway
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I would discuss it with the Condo management. Since it it their property they can really decide if they feel your daughter is properly supervised and I am 100% sure they would take your side anything less would be discrimination.
    Anonymous

• Take your daughter and let her call. Explain to CPS your daughter is tall enough, wears a life vest and is never left unattended.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I don't think she can do anything due to the fact you went home, it doesn't seem unsafe to me, but to be on the safe side, I think you should call someone and ask? Sad, that is al the lady has to worry about. sorry momma!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 7:09 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• At least she knows how to do that much, that is always good. She will eventually get the face in the water part. Some kids it just takes longer than others.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I used to teach 3-5 year old kids the basics of swimming. I had all kinds of kids from terrified to stick a toe in the water to jumping in whenever they could get away with it. Give her time, she will eventually be ok with putting her face in the water. Practice blowing bubbles in the bathtub and making motorboat sounds.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:14 PM on Apr. 21, 2013