They come home tomorrow

Angela called me today and told me that waiting for 4 years the adoption was finally over they will be able to get their little boy and girl tomorrow she said she thought it was never going to happen but it did so now she wants me to throw a Welcome party...Any Ideas Ideas

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Adoption

• It's generally best to give the kids 2-4 weeks to settle in. It's a hard adjustment on them. When we adopted only our parents were allowed to come meet the girls during the first week and then we were gradually allowed to add family into the mix. With a new home, school, etc it was hard on them and they had been in their foster homes for almost 3 years!

When it comes time to have a party make sure to have some children there that are their age. This could be someone from their school they like or family members.

Something you can buy them is a photo album that they can add to as their lives grow. If the family is big on camping then sleeping bags are great. At 7 they could handle a simple digital camera.

baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Wow, short notice. How many people will you be serving? Are the boy and girl old enough to know what's going on, or are they babies? Is Angela a close friend or relative? What's your budget, and what time will the party be at? Where will you have it? These answers may help us all to give more constructive ideas.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:47 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I would wait a month and do the party.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Buy the kids each a gift. A pack of Hot Wheels cars for the boy & a doll (LaLa Loopsy?) for the girl. Then an Ice cream cake & some balloons.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• So what do you want ideas on besides the food, which your mom is doing? Like games or decorations or what?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I'll be serving 10 ppl in total her mom has the food part all covered I asked her to help and the boy and girl are twins they are 7 yrs old and she is a close friend of mine and she just moved here from Colorado
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• Her mom is doing and I need on help on games and decorations b/c Idk what they like
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I did buy the little boy Hot Wheels and the little girl idk what to get her but LaLa Loopsy is a good idea and the party isn't going to happen b/c she wants them to get comfortable first before we have the party but we will be having the dinner
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Thank you!!! that was really helpful :)
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2013