Anyone ever had a ectopic pregnancy?

I plan to go see my OB tomorrow, but I was wondering what symptoms you may had prior, and what made you think of that. Mine seems to be spotting, never an actual period. My doctor told me he tied my tubes after I had my dd 4 yrs ago. I do have pain in the pelvic area, but it feels like the pain I have with my ovarian cysts. But I honestly do not remember the last time had my period! And I never thought I would be posting a question in this category! lol And if I do get diagnosed with a ectopic pregnancy, what happens then?? Do the doctors make me wait for an appt or is this something they deal with right away? And how do they fix it??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but good luck!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:08 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I never had one, but my ex sister-in-law went through it a couple of times. Get checked ASAP because if left untreated, the tube might rupture, which can be life-threatening.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:31 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I had an aunt that had 2 and one of them did rupture. She was very lucky that she didn't die.

Don't put yourself thru this torture of "what if" and worse case scenario. Just go to the dr and get it taken care of. Get a real diagnosis and then make an informed decision of how to proceed.

I had my tubes tied 11 yrs ago and every month when I am a day late, I start worrying that I might be pregnant and if I am it must be an ectopic so that means I'm gonna die. The worry turns to stress, I second guess every little pain and then I finally decide to take a test. I either get my period the next morning or the test is negative. Meanwhile, I'm a complete b!tch to everyone due to the stress. STOP! Just go to sleep and see your OB in the morning.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• I had one, and it ruptured and I almost died. the main symptom - PAIN! and i would pass out a lot!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 6:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2013