I saw OBLIVION tonight

I will give it an 8 Dh gave it a 7.

It is not your run of the mill scifi movie and you seriously have to think and watch it carefully to get all the subtleties. I had the basics in about thirty minutes but I enjoyed the mind twists.
It took DH a little longer but not much. There were about a dozen college age kids that saw it together and they were hanging around after, ratin it and trying to figure it out. DH is gregarious and I was in the ladies room. He is explaining it to them and then the guys at least wanted to see it again lol.

He told me there was one shakey 6 but the rest ratd it at one or two simply because they couldn't understand what was going on. Sad really lol.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 11:55 PM on Apr. 21, 2013 in Entertainment

• My kind of movie ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:41 PM on Apr. 25, 2013

• LOL, I really want to see it. It looks awesome!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2013

• My mom & dad went to see it, & really liked it. Mom said the same thing, that it's a thinker's movie. I'm looking forward to it!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• DH and I saw it on Friday. It was not what we were expecting, but both of us liked it. Knew something was up pretty much immediately and then obviously it all came to light in the end...well, still with the audience having to fill in some of the blanks. It was good though with a twist that I'm sure not everyone expected.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:22 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• We also saw it last night. I slept through bits of it ... for some reason, I could NOT stay awake!
    I was kind of lost- and it seemed like he just flew around a LOT. After discussing it a bit with hubby - all I can say is what was the point (of it all)?

I dunno...maybe I need to watch it again -but I wasn't really impressed at all
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I want to see it but I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Hubby and the people we went with pretty much filled me in- but I still wonder was there a point to the whole thing?

*and yeah- cant really say much about it without spoiling it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• it looked really great until I saw Tom Cruise is in it.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• You did need to watch it all (I think) I would explain but that would spoil it for everone.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• LOL the point of every movie is entertainment, but I know what you mean.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Apr. 22, 2013