Has anybody gained weight from depo provera birth control?

this is my 3rd shot on depo and i went from 101lbs to 152lbs in 7 months. if you gain weight how quick did you gain it and what was you previous weight before starting depo shot, and did the weight fall off and you got off it or you had to work it off?

sweetcakes904

Asked by sweetcakes904 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • It made me gain 20 lbs and took forever to get rid of it. I gained 20 lbs in 6 months. So I stopped getting the shot and it took another 12 months to lose the weight with exercise.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• 51 pounds in 7 months is NOT all due to the depo. You need to examine some other things like your eating and work out habits. Most I ever gained was a total of 20 over 2 YEARS and even that was high because my physical activity went down but my eating habits were the same.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I didn't gain any weight but I was taking it at a stage in mylife that I was super active. Had several p e classes in college and walked everywhere I went
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2013