Cutting baby powder smell?

I usually like the smell of baby powder. But my daughter was given a couple of miniature Cabbage Patch dolls in Halloween costumes that had never been taken out of their original box. The smell of baby powder on them is strongenough to set off my sinuses and asthma. Is there any way to get rid of it? I think the baby powder must have been used in the packing.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Baking soda or activated charcoal. Put them in a bag with one of these

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Yes, baby powder to cover up the PVC plastic smell I bet. How about wiping them down with a damp cloth then putting them outside in the fresh air for the day?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I would just put them outside for a week or so, and see if the smell abates. It's possible they scented the plastic used to make the dolls.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• How about wrapping them in saran wrap? A couple of times, that way you can look at them, but should keep the smell in.
    Anonymous

• I tried to take the clothe off so I could wash them, but they don't come off. It's snowing outside, but I may have to put them out there anyway when my daughter goes to school. The smell is really nauseating, I guess because the dolls were in the box for so long.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2013