Would you date a man who uses a methadone clinic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• NO
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• As in he goes to a methadone clinic because he was addicted to heroin or other opiates and is trying to get off them?? NO NO NO, he is not far enough into recovery to be a safe dating option. And once he IS far enough he wouldn't be at the clinic. He hasn't even finished the process of getting off the drugs so no way anyone should think about dating him.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• No. Good for him on trying to get clean, but I would not bring that into my life.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Not just NO, but FUCK NO!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:57 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Oh- and I forgot to add- IF he's following a program, new relationships while in recovery are frowned upon... so even if YOU are thinking about it, he should know better.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't invite that kind of drama into my life. I might, and it's a big maybe, date someone who had used a methadone clinic years ago--and I mean like more than five or six years--and stayed clean.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• NO
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Depends. I would like to say no, but there aren't many specifics to your question. Is he currently using methadone, and if so how long has he been clean? How involved am I when I find this out (hypothetically of course), like how long have I been dating him before I find this out?

It isn't likely because I like to have the occasional glass of wine or a few beers once in a while and I wouldn't want to be a trigger for someone else's addiction. Not that I couldn't stop drinking myself, but I think there would be too much to worry about if I were to get involved with someone like that.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• HELL NO
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:53 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2013