kinda confusing ovulation question

I really really don't know much about this. But hubby & I plan on ttc#3 very soon. My cycles have been way off. December my period started the 4th, january the 14th, & feb the 6th. So I'm wondering since I have been off so much when should I ovulate this month? And what should I expect to be my normal cycle length?

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hmmm, those cycles are all over, huh? If I were you, I would buy those Ovulation Kits (I used "Answer" when I wanted to keep track). It will tell U each month when UR ovulating. =) HTH!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:08 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i have done the same thing its weird,and i always have really bad crampy feelings and bloating when i ovl do you know when your ovl?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Thanks :]. Do you know which brand works best? We just had tons of sex (sorry tmi) with when trying the other 2 times lol. This time we don't have as much time (obviously) to be having sex every day. More than anything I just want to know when I'm ovulating.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Oops sorry you did tell me the brand ;).
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• @anon
    Nope. I have no clue when I'm ovulating. I had thought I was on around the 3rd of feb but that was just my damn period coming early.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I found Answer to work with me, but there are a few brands out there. Try a couple different ones because sometimes one brand doesn't give you any 'response". GL!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• for ovulation kits, i think the best one is the one that is similiar to the pregnancy tests...do not get the one where you pee in a cup and dip those sticks in...those are messy and hard to tell. look for the 7 day kits. a bit expensive but works much better.
    momof2xys

Answer by momof2xys at 12:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would suggest picking up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler and charting your cyucles rather than using ovulation kits. I blew a ton of money on kits and didn;'t get pregnant. I read the book and was pregnant the very first try.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009