Is Earth Day a religious issue for you?

I've seen a few fb comments today from people saying they're choosing to "worship the God that made the Earth" instead of honoring Earth Day.

Paranoid much?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:38 PM on Apr. 22, 2013 in Religious Debate

• oh my! Simply foolish!! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• And here I thought 'Earth Day' was about promotion of taking care of the Earth... I had NO IDEA I was supposed to be worshiping the Earth today! Leave it to me to get it wrong...

;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Yeah, those FB posters are paranoid much. Dang!

Taking care of Creation means a lot to me. Earth Day is just a reminder of that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Honestly, I dont see a need for an Earth Day. We should always remember to tend to the earth but I realize many dont give enough of a dang to do so or think it important so I guess they need the reminder(although I highly doubt it changes their ways).

Yes, those kinds of folks who need say they worship the "creator" are paranoid.
    LadyAmaranth

Answer by LadyAmaranth at 7:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• The phrase 'so dumb their ears rub' comes to mind. It's because of idiots like that that I stay far away from fb.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I dont see a need for an Earth Day.

I view it like president's day - a day (or week) set aside for schools to teach a specific set of facts that might otherwise fall through the cracks.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• That's just crazy.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• The UUs view this and MLK day as our two holy days of the year. It's kinda a joke, but not really. For me personally, whatever floats your boat.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• Lol insecurity
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2013

• I prefer to honor and care for the Earth every day, but I don't see today as having any more or less significance than any other day. I think some people take their religious beliefs too far. I have a friend that says "praise God" or "I love Jesus" or "God provides" in EVERY SINGLE POST she makes on Facebook. I don't mind religion, if you want it, but when you reach the point where you're like, "My brand new computer turned on this morning! Praise God!"...yeah, I've had enough then. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2013