Braxton Hicks

Im 31 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my 3rd child. i started feeling BH around 21 weeks , but for the last week they have gotten really intense. Saturday i had cramping sunday night (couple times i felt it in my back) i had a few more and some today. along with pressure i thought the baby was gonna fall out. I had a doc appt today and i told her she said Oh as long as u arent having 4 or more a hour its just braxton hicks to go to L&D if they are 4 or more or of course bleeding ect. i dont remember having them this bad . The baby does move around alot and is very low (been low whole time). Ive been drinking lots of water so i dont think its from that. I am on my feet pretty much all day from 7am to probably 7 pm between kids work and home. i was planning on working till 38 weeks but now im thinking of stoping at 34-35 weeks. Can being busy all day cause the BH to be more intense or ferquent ? What can i do to make it more comfy ? Ive tired changing postions warm baths.. any thoughts or suggestions

Cherriemama831

Asked by Cherriemama831 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I had them with all 3 ,and they were worse towards the latter part of my pregnancies. I drank ice water, and laid on my right side when they got worse. Also deep breathing when they come on. That's what seemed to help. I carried all 3 full term, but I was so happy when I finally went in labor!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I only had them a few times that I remember, but one episode was very intense, so that I almost went to the hospital. I carried to one day past my due date. The only things I remember being told was to lie on the left side and drink lots of water. Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I remember having them really bad with my third. My younger two were 3 (turned 4 just 2 months later) and 19 months when my third was born. I was on my feet a lot, too, and I worked as a cashier 2 days a week. Just pay attention to your body. Stop when you get tired even if that means taking leave early from work. Try to focus on yours and the baby's health. With my fourth, I had to work full-time and take care of my other kids. I don't remember BH, but I was so worried that my physical exhaustion would affect my baby's health but his birth weight and health were best of all so far.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2013