Twins and toddler beds?

My twin girls are 20 months old. Bed time in the cribs is like an olimpic game the jumping is getting higher. I am scared they are going to jump out and get hurt. But my big question is... If I put them in toddler beds I am afraid they will stay up playing all night and not sleeping. What should I do? They have to be in the same room.. so I cannot seperate them.

SuperMama2007

Asked by SuperMama2007 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well your probably right but its the safer way i had twin boys and when i switched them to beds it was alot of going back in and reminding them its not playtime but bed time they r 14 and i still have to remind them lol
    RIERIE

Answer by RIERIE at 12:26 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my twin girls went to toddler beds at 19 months, just their crib mattress flat on the floor. i made sure the room was toddler proofed and only safe toys in that toy box. at first i kept the same routine read a story put them to bed and leave, but they started getting up and waking the other one or switching beds. so i started tucking them in and then reading to them. i read usually whatever book i am reading so its not so boring to me and i read out loud until they fall asleep. then they are good for the night, it doesnt take more than 15 most nights, as long as they are tired it will work wonders. then in the morning its all safe for them to get up and play by themselves while i make breakfast.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009