Am I the only one with inlaw problems out there?

hey there ladies im sure there have been simular experiences having to go through so much for you inlaws and there still never happy with you no matter what you do for them and there constantly putting you down and attacking you every chance they get.

navywife234

Asked by navywife234 at 7:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Military

• Yes it happens. Sometimes I am convinced it is because you took their adult child away, and nobody would ever be good enough for that person. So do what you can to be agreeable and keep the peace.

Answer by Bmat at 8:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• ive tried it seems like its never enouph there never gonna be happy
    navywife234

Comment by navywife234 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• my mil and fil are good people, they try to get a long with everyone, but my dh's sisters are a nightmare, both are drug addicts who everyday are plotting and trying to start some kind of drama, they lie and lie and lie, they don't want the inlaws talking to or being friendly with dh, it is so crazy the way they act. they have went as far as calling the local veterans hospital on fil saying he needs locked up because he isn't right in the head and tried to put him away so dh couldn't be near him. one of the sisters are only half , they are so jealous of the relationship dh and I have with the mil and fil that they go above and beyond to hurt everyone involved.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I swear in laws are purposely assholes
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Don't waste your time trying to "please" them. Just love them and be kind to them when you have the opportunity. I was never able to succeed in making anyone like me, even though I tried really hard for about the first 55 years or so of my life. Just be yourself. Love your husband. And let the rest take care of itself. If they want to be snarky, let them be snarky. It does not have to affect you nor who you are as a person!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Maybe you are trying so hard that it feels false to them. Just be your nice self and love them for who they are and hopefully they will respond.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• No, you aren't the only one with In-Law problems. There is a whole group dedicated to dealing with difficult in-laws.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Thats how my mom is with my fiancee.......it gets stressful at times
    Jazzie12995

Answer by Jazzie12995 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2013

• So ignore them.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Don't break your back trying to please people who efuse to be pleased no matter what you do--in-laws or otherwise. Life's too short.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2013