Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Money & Work

• I don't and if I worked for a company that expected me to be able to answer them at any time I would expect them to provide me with a phone.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Ya know, I thought about that when I was working for a newer company here in town. It was very restricted and controlled. I started only answering my emails at home. I didn't allow her to text me. It's only logical really. I have known Sales Reps that buy disposable phones if they are not given one from work. I'd probably go that way.

Thanks for sharing this!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Where my hubby works they are always calling him on his personal phone. Well, I forgot the bill one time, and OOPS the phone was shut off. One of his foremen came to his job site yelling and screaming about him not having a phone, which in turn resulted in him being pissy with me about it later. I told him to tell his foreman to go fuck himself. I pay the phone bill and it is for personal use for our family. If they need to reach him by phone for work purposes, then WORK NEEDS TO PAY FOR HIS PHONE!
    They are cheap bastards and don't pay for anything. They ran out of lightbulbs one time. Lightbulbs. They told him he had to go buy his own. UGH.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• nope. If they asked then I would tell them to get me a company phone.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I work for myself, so this isn't an issue for me now. I did work for a company once and they provided me with a company phone for company business. I had a few employees want my personal number so they could "always be assured of reaching me." I refused, and told them if they couldn't reach me on the company phone, I was unreachable. Period.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• My company provided me with a Blackberry.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 1:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Once in a while. I had my cell number printed on my business cards when I first started out. But as I got to trust clients, I gave them my home number because it was more convenient for me to use a land line, so now hardly anyone calls my cell. Most of my work communication is done by e-mail.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• nope, any communication I do that is work related is done via email.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I feel forewarned is forearmed, lol
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Companies are getting cheaper.
    Dardenella

Comment by Dardenella (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2013