2nd Pregnancy, And Trying to Determine If I'm pregnant w/ twins.

Hi there. I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant, I already have 1 child. She is 15 months old. I have been feeling movement since I was about 10 weeks roughly (call me crazy.) I am showing like you wouldn't believe. I weigh around 140 and I'm 5ft 4 1/2 ". My husband and family and I are all trying to figure out why it is that I am showing so early, and I swear as god as my witness I have never stepped out on my husband. He came home on his 2 week leave on oct 28th, I ended my period around nov 4th, he left on the 16th of Nov, and I tested positive by that friday. I heard the heartbeate already, but the PA never counted the heartbeate or even tried to check for signs of multiples, we were too worried about trying to get it the heartbeate on video for my hubby. How am I supposed 2 confirm this? They dont just handout ultrasounds. I realize I'm already stretched out from my previous pregnancy but something isn't adding up. Help!

armywife4ever08

Asked by armywife4ever08 at 12:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm this is hard to answer can't say if it's twins or not you just have to wait & see until your 8 weeks & get the sonogram
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• how are we supposed to be able to tell you you are having twins? i mean if you want to hear that then here ya go...

"It's Twins!!!!"

but that won't be accurate now will it?
    Anonymous

• You can pay for a 3D and 4d ultrasound it costs around 150 dollars but they give ya about an hour to view your baby and they give you a video tape it I did it once I was further along so I could see how my baby looked but at your stage you could def see how many are in there. Good Luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• oops sorry didnt see u were 14 weeks for a sec no sonogram?
    Anonymous

• PS dont worry about rude ass people! They need to stop and realize that you are just wanting peoples opinions. No their bitchyness hang in there hon!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• We are a military family so we are treated on post by military caregivers which can be wonderful at times but also horrible too. However, last time I was pregnant w/ my daughter. I never once received a sonogram until I was around 20 weeks pregnant and they told me I was having a girl. For some reason they don't do it earlier at this hospital unless you are having complications. But I will go into the obgyn tomorrow. My main question was to ask you all if you agree w/ my family as to yes I am showing quite a lot for only being 14 weeks along.. or is your answer no you're not showing that much since this is your 2nd pregnancy. I am feeling a lot of movement in my belly which I was reading could be a sign of more than one baby. Or maybe I'm just hallucinating. ALL I know is I won't sleep well until I know if there's 1 or 2 babies lol. Thank you all for reading.
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i found out at around 14/15 wks that were having twins. I only had an ultrasound because i was in the ER with stomach and back pains.
    As for being able to tell just by if your showing more its doesnt work that way. Some people just show faster than other. Even heartbeats cant be accurate at telling you how many you got in there.

Now you can either wait til 20 wks and have an ultrasound done or talk to your dr about paying out of pocket for one now to find out.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I called our hospital here, and they said unless I have a medical condition they can't just order it, because tricare won't cover it. So yes I do have to wait until I'm 20 weeks so we can check, she said to have the nurse at my next checkup when she's doing the doppler to try to move it around more to listen for another heartbeate but my best bet is just to wait. So as of today I'm 16 weeks along, my heart tone was 158 which is good, and my due date is the 4th of August. Thank you all for your help! I'm just going to have to be patient and wait it out for another month. Then we'll also find out if it's a boy or a girl too. Take care! Thanks everyone!
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i am now 27 weeks pregnant with my second and i started showing at about 12 weeks or so with my mom she started showing at like 6 weeks with me she said by 4 months she looked 9 months pregnant and they thought for the longest time that i was going to be twins but nope just one and i was her second pregnancy they told her it was just because her body knew already what it had too do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Are you my twin lol? I am 14 weeks and I am huge and I have been feeling movement since 10 weeks too. This is my second. I have a 21 month old. I'm also 5ft 41/2 too. I just weighed myself today and I weigh 125 lbs. This is too funny. Today, I broke out the belly band because my pants would not zip or button. I look about 5 months right now. At my appointment they didn't really try to find a second heartbeat and I didn't ask them to. The quad screen will come back abnormal if there are twins. Also, the 18-22 week ultrasound should confirm it.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 2:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009