I hate to ask this question.....

And before I do let me just say first I LOVE my child with every bit of my heart! The question is, do you ever feel like being a mom is more of a job than an enjoyment?! There, asked it, but I feel guilty for asking :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in General Parenting

• not really
    Anonymous

• At times, luckily not very often. There are just times I'm tired, wore out, annoyed lol Motherhood is not always enjoyable, when you have a kid kicking and screaming, crying for 8hrs straight(like my son did at 2mths)....it's not very enjoyable. lol Doesn't mean you love them any less or are a bad mother.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• More times than I care to admit. I have three boys on the autism spectrum and a teenage daughter. It definitely feels more like work. There are good days and bad days you just have to try and focus on those good days.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Anybody who says she's *never* felt that way is either in serious denial or a pathological liar. The vast majority of the time, being a mom is hands-down the greatest joy of my life. But there are moments, particularly when my daughter is exercising her smart mouth or demanding more attention when she's had me to herself all day long and it's time to make dinner, or when she's sick, that are just plain hard work and no fun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• A job I could enjoy. Being around my kids 24/7 and having no life of my own feels more like a penance I am paying for some crime I committed in a past life. However, I love my kids more than life itself. I would be lying to everyone around me if I said it was the greatest joy ever.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• When I'm utterly exhausted and my kids are at each other's throats bickering for the umpteenth time; yes, it feels more like a job. BUT, then there are those times they curl up in my lap, snuggle into my shoulder and fall asleep. Or they give me hugs and kisses just because.

It all balances out in the end.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I often felt that way because it overwhelmed me but the good always outweighed the bad....

Answer by older at 5:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Sometimes it seems like an uphill battle and then they do something wonderful. Just hang on to those times, momma
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Yes, of course. I'm divorced & a WAHM. Except for when my children are with their father, I'm an on-call parent 24/7. My oldest is in school from 8-3 but, my 3 yr old is always with me. So, yes, it can get very stressful.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Motherhood is a thankless job! I have three and they are all great but there are days where i would sell them to the highest bidder, its normal to feel what you are feeling. Go on you tube and watch the comedian Louis CK do his stand up "why" .. he sums it all up and it is hillarious.
    tampamommyof3

Answer by tampamommyof3 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2013