Do you believe this?

Bomb Suspects' Mom Says Sons Only Guilty of Being Muslim

just what I expect from somebody who produced 2 monsters

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• No mother wants to believe their "babies" would do something so horrific. Plus she has just lost a child. Looking at it from a mother's point of view, I can honestly say she's grasping at straws & dealing with a lot of pain. The evidence is strong against him, and the truth hurts.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Denial is one of the first steps in the grieving process. I would expect nothing less from a mother who has lost one child and seen another shot up on the TV news, after her sons were accused of wreaking such terrible havoc in Boston. I don't believe her boys are innocent, but I think she does probably believe it right now, in her anguish. The news media should be leaving her the hell alone!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Another thing that occurred to me is that the reactions of these particular parents isn't really outside the norm when you consider where they came from. Framing by the government isn't exactly rare in that neck of the woods. Not excusing anyone but I don't think it hurts to broaden our perspectives a bit.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Yeah, because its totally normal to have pressure cooker bombs on you when you just happen to be out carjacking people and having shoot outs with police. The evidence will speak for itself.
    That said, I can only imagine she is trying to be supportive of her son. I can't say I would do anything differently until I was given proof, although I probably would have grasped the fact that he was likely guilty at this point.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Also- why go anon to say such things?

If that's what you believe then own it
    *********

No mother wants to think or believe that their son/ daughter could do something like this.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I agree with everyone except anon. It's a tough pill to swallow.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 6:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Could be a grieving mother or one that was well aware of what was going on. Honestly, I don't think the parents are to be trusted.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Fuck her... she's delusional!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2013