Im experiencing a miscarriage due to a blighted ovum and have been bleeding profusely for the past 8 hours, when is it too much and time to go to the hospital? adult content

The doctor told me "its different for everybody". I have been passing very large pieces of tissue since 10am and its 7pm now. I don't have a fever and the cramps are bearable but I read on the internet that I could be hemorrhaging. any advice is greatly appreciated.

tampamommyof3

Asked by tampamommyof3 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• If your worried go to the ER some doctors just dont give a shit and you could use a second opinion
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 7:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• bleeding and sat down and joined CM! wow
    Anonymous

• I would call the hospital and ask them. They will want to know anyway and you don't want to be sitting around there waiting if they aren't able to do anything for you anyhow. I'm sorry you are going through this.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I would go on. I went through 2 and lost LOTS of blood. By the time I got to the ER, I was shaking and cold... Please go now.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I'm sorry for your loss. How long is it taking you to soak through a menstrual pad? If you soak through four pads an hour, or one every fifteen minutes, get to the emergency room. If you're not soaking through four pads an hour but the bleeding hasn't slowed down by morning, make an urgent appointment with your doctor, just in case. If there's any possible way, avoid being alone tonight so someone can help you if you need it. Speaking from experience, a hemorrhage after a miscarriage can get out of control and become an emergency very fast.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I am going through at least 1 pad every 15-20 minutes, not to be graphic, but i barely make it to the toilet and then tissue and blood just pours out. Im going to call the ER now. Thanks for the advice.
    tampamommyof3

Comment by tampamommyof3 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Why don't you just go sit on the toilet? When I miscarried they did a D&C.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Sorry for the situation...if clots are fist size you should go in...
    Anonymous

• Google would have been a better use of you time... vs joining cafemom.... or call your doc for real... a real doc would have given you a better answer then that... sigh...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Go to ER or to an urgent care clinic. That seems too much bleeding. (Just my opinion- I'm not in the medical field.) I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2013