Doctor Who?

In the 6th season the headless fat blue says about the question that no one has the answer and keeps saying "Doctor Who?" I got confused to this point. Idk what he was trying to say. Any suggestions?

Rubysarmiento

Asked by Rubysarmiento at 7:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Entertainment

• Your question is worded confusingly, but I think I got the gist of it. Nobody knows the Doctor's name, he just goes by "Doctor". Therefore, people are always asking, "But doctor WHO?" since we're used to "Dr." being a title. Make sense?
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I don't remember everything about the episode, but I think I know what you're trying to ask. Doctor Who is the doctor's name. Everyone always says "Doctor Who." So they're trying to figure out who he is and keep saying "Doctor Who?", not realizing that it's not "Doctor Who?" but "Doctor Who." Not a question, but the answer.

Kind of like the old joke about going to see The Who - and someone says "Who?" and you say, "Yeah, The Who." and they say, "Right, so who are you going to see?" and it just keeps going and going.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• on the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked — a question that must never be answered: "Doctor Who?"

thats what you're talking about correct? the question that the Silence is trying to keep from being asked is "what is the Doctor's real name?" his name is not Doctor Who, its also not The Doctor...thats just what he tells people and its his chosen name, not his birth name. Time Lords only tell their names to their spouses and no one else. IF the Doctor were to tell someone his real name, the question could be answered on the Fields of Trenzalore and "Silence would fall".
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Thank you. Does anyone know if the 7th season has begun or at least being filmed? I watch it on Netflix so idk when or if it has.
    Rubysarmiento

Comment by Rubysarmiento (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Who's on first?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2013