Carter and Carson?

We have a son named Carter and a baby boy on the way. We are thinking about Carson as a name for the baby. Is this too similar to Carter or do you guys think it would be ok to have Carter and Carson? The other names currently on our shortlist are Ashton, Brendan, Callum and Parker, but my son is insisting on Carson (I know, we're the parents so we will ultimately choose but we want him to be involved and thankfully he has come around from his first choice of Rudolph). :)

sarahlynnha

Asked by sarahlynnha at 9:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Baby Names

• Choose the name you want. Any name can have downfalls at some time... My 3 boys are grown, and due to the divorce and remarriage (to other people) of their bio dad and I, my boys are in a line of siblings that goes: Justin, Justin, Jason, Jordan, Jeran, Jessie, Jared, and Justin!! All together is sounds like a stuttering episode of 19 Kids and Counting!!! LOL

Moral of the story: You never know how a name will be in the long run. So just pick one you love.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 26, 2013

• I like Parker a lot! I also like the name Carson but I feel it is extremely similar to your other child name and could get confusing. I can see it now something is broken and .... 'Car.....son...ter...one of you!!!' :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Oh, I definitely wouldn't go with Parker. Then you have Car Park.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Personally, I like Carter and Callum, or maybe Carter and Brendan. If you do Carson or Parker, you'll be tripping over your tongue for the rest of your life trying to call one or the other of those boys! You'll do that anyway, but it will be harder with names that sound so much alike. That being said, any of those names would be better than Rudolph! Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Imho they are too similar. I like Carter and Callum or Carter and Brendan.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• They are really similar, but ultimately it is up to you. I like Brendan best out of those listed.
    kmath

• Carson is a good name
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Another name I want to throw out there is Cullen.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I like Brendan. I do think Carson and Carter are too similar.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• They are too close, they sound like twin names.
    I like Parker the best.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2013