What is your cleaning routine?

I can't keep my house clean..I will clean spotless and within hours later it looks like I haven't cleaned in days!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Let my dh do it! Lol. Seriously he's much more on top of it than I am!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I clean as I go and my house is never spotless but its decent.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• on my days off.. i clean all day non stop. the days i work i clean non stop till bed time lol. i never get a break. i try to be lazy here and there but it bothers me that its not clean and i get up and clean
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I clean as I go. I've tried to develop a routine, but I usually end up taking care of whatever can't wait any longer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• It's a constantly ongoing process. It doesn't just stay that way, unless we're gone in vacation! I don't really have a routine, just do what needs to be done. Tried flylady.com for a while, worked well until I got sick and then I just never went back to it.

Answer by missanc at 9:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• ^^ déjà vu
    Anonymous

• I don't have a schedule lol. I pick up and do some light cleaning during the week and do whatever deep cleaning that needs to be done on the weekend.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• It really never stops! Laundry starts on Monday and lasts thru Sunday, lol. I've got most of my longer chores to one major one per day. I don't work outside the home. When I worked full-time, I did laundry late at night and early in the morning and the other chores got done by order of what couldn't wait. My ex MIL just to repeat that "clean as you go" and "a place for everything and everything in its place" and "keep a routine." All those are good advice. She cleaned non-stop, not me, I do what I can but my kids are only little once.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• Clean houses are necessary. Spotless houses are overrated. Not that I would know--the last time this house was spotless was before I moved in. My mom was a cleaning fanatic, and it made for a tense home environment at best, in which kids were afraid to get fingerprints on anything or pour themselves drinks in case they made a mess. No thanks!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2013