Should I work out with a cold?

I am coming down with a cold.Should I go to the gym and work out as usual, or should I rest until I'm well? I'm just getting started, so I'd hate to lose momentum, you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I say no you shouldn't get better first... gym later but if your body can handle it then you should go
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• If you're not feeling awful yet and you don't want to lose your steam, justgo and do a light workout. Don't hit it too hard or you'll only wear yourself out. When I feel a cold coming on, I use Umca chewables to boost my immune system.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• can you work out at home instead- if you feel like stooping you can and you don't spread the cold around?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I JUST read in the fitness magazine that the rule is...do the neck test. If it is above the neck: sinus, sneezing etc...then its okay. If it is fever, flu symptoms then your body needs the rest. I always execise when I am sick, a cold. And I feel better after. A flu stay in bed!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• Listen to your body if you don't feel well don't...

Answer by older at 11:54 AM on Apr. 27, 2013

• I would do something light. walk the treadmill. sometimes a little exercise helps loosen everything up. I do yoga and that helps a lot when I don't feel good.
    evanaudrey

Answer by evanaudrey at 3:58 PM on Jun. 5, 2013