Men and their food!

I'm not upset; I just had to laugh. I made spaghetti with pork chops instead of ground beef or sausage for dinner. My boyfriend and daughter both liked it, and I think the meal will become part of our regular rotation around here. But the first thing my boyfriend said when he got to the table was, "Did you grab the wrong meat package out of the freezer? This is a weird combination."

At first I was like, no, I took the time to look up a new recipe on the Internet and fix it, instead of feeding you the same old stuff week after week. I do try new recipes now and then. But I didn't say anything, and he liked the meal, so it turned out okay.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 10:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• it's like a pork parmigiana instead of chicken!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

• I saw that you posted that earlier and honestly I thought- ewww what a weird combination. Glad it turned out ok!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2013

• I totally get the pork parmigiana. Improvising is fun and often turns out surprisingly good. I once used some left over grilled chicken breasts and pasta salad to make a casserole. Put some extra dressing with it and some cheese on top and it was really good.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2013

• It turned out surprisingly good, actually. I coated the chops with a mixture of flour and a little garlic salt, then browned them for a few minutes on each side. I took them out of the skillet, stirred in a jar of marinara sauce and made sure to loosen the brown bits from the pan, then put the chops back in and simmered them for maybe a half hour while I cooked the noodles. I was happy to find a new way to do chops, and a different twist on spaghetti, which everybody in my house likes but I sometimes get tired of.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2013

Yes, it did remind me of parmigiana. I found the recipe on the Never Enough Time Web site.

http://www.lanascooking.com/2011/02/18/pork-chops-and-pasta/
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2013